Artists working in all media living or working in the Harrow area are welcome to apply to join Harrow Open Studios. Varied and inspirational work is required. If you are interested in becoming a member you will need to complete the application form as directed.
Applications for membership for our 2019 event close on 26 October 2018.
Download the application form here.
The Current Recruitment Criteria is:
- Entry is open to professional and semi-professional artists. Your work must be of an appropriate standard which reflects the Group’s professional image.
- You must have a suitable venue for displaying your work which reflects the professional approach of the Group. Ideally this space will be accessible to as many people as possible in line with our accessibility policy. The space must be presentable to the general public and enable appropriate display for your artwork. For example upstairs studios and small cluttered spaces will usually not be acceptable. It is recommended that you spend some time deciding how you will present your work so that you can discuss this with the Selection Committee when they visit you.
- You must subscribe to the general ethos of the Group as set out in the Constitution.
- Preference will be given to residence of and/or studios within the London Borough of Harrow. Artists from neighbouring boroughs may be considered at the discretion of the selection team.
- The successful running of the Harrow Open Studios event requires a great deal of planning and preparation. This is only possible to achieve if all artists in the Group are active participants. You must be willing to contribute time and resources to carrying out these tasks.
- The selection committee takes its position very seriously and is answerable to the entire Group. As such its decision is final and no dialogue will be entered into on an applicant being refused membership.
- Different specific criteria, such as a requirement for a specific discipline, may also be taken into account. This will be determined annually by the entire Group who then direct the selection committee.