Artists working in all media who live or work in Harrow and the surrounding area are welcome to apply to join Harrow Open Studios. A high standard of varied and inspirational work is required.
Become a Friend of HOS
For artists who do not feel they are at the stage of their artistic career to fulfil full Harrow Open Studio membership we have developed an invite to become a Friend of HOS. If you are interested please complete this very simple on-line form and read the full details of what this offers below:
Background: Friends of HOS was developed in discussion with several members and past members who felt they could no longer open their studios to the public but did not want to leave the community of HOS artists that they had been part of. It was agreed at the AGM in 2023 that HOS would instigate a lower level of membership that allowed past members and interested artists to join in HOS networking, social activities, and selective exhibitions.
Friend of HOS process
Rules of engagement:
- Friends of HOS is an open invite via an online form. There are no selection criteria.
- Friends of HOS membership will be confirmed in writing via email or letter and an invoice will be sent to the Friend for payment.
- Friends of HOS membership runs from January to December, to match current full membership duration.
- Friends of HOS subscription will be £40, subject to change with Treasurer agreement. Payments after October 31st will cover the current year and the next year in full.
- Friends of HOS subscription will cover one year’s membership, to be renewed each year.
Friends of HOS offering:
- Chosen name in the brochure and on the website, on our Sponsors page. Payments received after February will not include a name in that year’s brochure, because it has already gone to print, but the name will go on the website.
- Invites to any social events and any networking events.
- Invites to our annual selective exhibition.
- Invites to any other open call exhibitions that HOS may run.
- Updates on members news and HOS newsletters.
Friends of HOS will NOT include:
- An individual page on the website.
- An individual section in the brochure.
- Any other details on the HOS website or brochure, other than the Friend’s chosen name.